JAW are hiring a Senior Sustainability Consultant!
We are looking for a new Senior Sustainability Consultant, specialising in building physics, to join our team and help us continue to deliver a high quality service to our clients. The role would suit an ambitious individual who can take on responsibility within a growing with the company, manage employees and lead project delivery.
The role will include following:
· Lead in manging a range of different sustainability services across the business
· Conduct energy modelling for a variety of building types, primarily focusing on commercial buildings, producing BRUKL energy model reports for Part L compliance, energy strategy development, BREEAM assessment as well as producing EPC certificates, using IES VE
· Manage, support and train junior members of the team
· Lead in the production of sustainability and energy reports to accompany planning applications, advise clients on sustainable energy strategies.
· Modelling of developments to conduct other sustainability related assessments, such as thermal comfort, overheating, daylight and life cycle assessments, in order to support planning applications and BREEAM assessment, using IES VE
· Manage relationships with design teams to ensure developments achieve compliance with sustainability requirements, including attendance at meetings
· Preparing high quality written reports for clients and certification bodies
Required experience / skills:
· Minimum 2 years’ experience conducting energy modelling using IES VE
· Qualified CIBSE Low Carbon Consultant or Low Carbon Energy Assessor
· Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a subject related to engineering, sustainability or the built environment
· Strong understanding of building services
· Experience with the use of MS Excel
· Excellent communication skills
· Highly analytical, with ability to review and understand technical information
· Attention to detail
· Enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills
· Experience producing energy strategies for the Greater London Authority (GLA)
· Experience working on other aspects of sustainability, such as Life Cycle Assessment, Circular economy reporting or BREEAM assessments.
· 26 days leave
· Volunteer day
· Pension contribution
· Career development opportunities
If interested, please apply directly by sending a CV and a cover letter explaining why you are suited for the specific role, to firstname.lastname@example.org