JAW are hiring a Sustainability Consultant!
JAW Sustainability is a sustainability consultancy company in the construction and property industry. We provide a range of services including energy and daylight modelling, embodied carbon analysis, BREEAM Assessments and other environmental assessments. We work closely with our clients from our office in Hoxton, working on projects, across London and the rest of the UK.
The company was founded 5 years ago and has been going from strength to strength. We have been growing rapidly over the last year and are currently a team of eight, which we expect to continue to expand over the coming year and beyond.
We are looking for a new Sustainability Consultant to join our team and help us continue to deliver a high-quality service to our clients and grow the environmental assessment side of the business. The role would suit an ambitious individual who could grow with the company.
The role of Sustainability Consultant will include following:
· Managing BREEAM, LEED, Ska, WELL and FitWel projects across a range of sectors
· Providing advice to design teams on achieving compliance with sustainability requirements, including attendance at meetings on site
· Reviewing technical evidence for compliance and preparing progress reports to feedback to the team
· Preparation of specialist reports to comply with specific criteria (e.g. Climate change adaptation, indoor air quality, adaptability, site waste management, building user guides etc.)
· Working with contractors to ensure delivery of sustainability requirements on site and collation of correct data
· Development of tools to streamline processes and support delivery of new services
· Preparation of sustainability reports for planning applications
· Training junior team members
Required experience / skills:
· Minimum 1 year experience in a Built Environment or Sustainability Consulting role
· Experience working with BREEAM or other environmental standards
· Excellent communication skills
· Highly analytical and attention to detail, with ability to review and understand technical information
· Proficient in use of MS Office, Excel in particular
· Enthusiastic with excellent interpersonal skills
· BREEAM Assessor Qualification
· BREEAM AP qualification
· Experience with WELL and FitWel
· 36 hour week
· 26 days leave
· Volunteer day
· Pension contribution
· Company healthcare scheme
· Long term sickness insurance
· Mental health support service
· Formal & Informal Training
· Career development opportunities
To apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.